Chilli Beef with Lime and Palm Sugar Dressing
Here’s the quintessential westernized Thai beef salad. It’s so good!
Plum pudding ice cream
Christmas in a mouthful! And, a bonus, this can be made several days in advance, the problem being that you just might start tucking in! Time to prep 25 minutes plus chilling time.
A few rules for Christmas catering
- Keep freshly cooked food at room temperature only as long as you need to, and keep it covered. Refrigerate it as soon as possible after serving.
- Don’t reheat all the leftovers if they are not all going to be eaten in one meal, just serve up what you think you’ll eat and reheat it and keep the rest covered and refrigerated.
- Watch out for full fridges — constant opening and closing and overloading can raise the temperature inside the fridge which can prevent food chilling quickly and cause spoilage.
- Ensure all food is in leak-proof containers and covered with lids or food wrap to prevent leaking and contamination.
- Food doesn’t usually improve in the fridge — it’s a slow death, so get to it before it dies!